Schedule a Zoom class session in Canvas
We highly recommend that you create your Zoom class meetings in Canvas. Then, students will easily be able to find the links to each of your classes. This will save students from having to search through their emails looking for the latest Zoom link that you sent them.
1. Select the Canvas course in which you would like to schedule your Zoom session.
2. Click Zoom in the Course Navigation menu.
3. Click Schedule a New Meeting.
4. Set your Meeting Date, time, and duration.
Leave your official course name in the Topic field. It will make it easier for you and students to find the course in the list of Zoom meetings.
5. To schedule a meeting for the same time each week. Click recurring meeting and enter the recurrence and end date for your meetings.
6. If you are recording your meeting, click Record the meeting automatically and choose to the cloud.
In your Meeting options it is also highly recommended that you choose one of the two security options. Either Require a meeting password or Enable Waiting Room. When scheduling in Canvas, students do not need the meeting password. They can click Join from Canvas and be entered into the meeting.
Do not use your Personal Meeting ID when scheduling Zoom classes with your students.