Record audio with Zoom
1. Log into the TC portal (myTC.columbia.edu)
2. In the Student Resources section, scroll down and click TC Zoom under Academic Technology Resources.
3. In Zoom, click Meetings.
4. Click Personal Meeting Room.
5. Click Start Meeting.
6. If you get a message about opening Zoom, Click Open Zoom US
7. Select Join With Computer Audio.
8. Before you begin recording, make sure that your microphone is unmuted. That way, anything you say will be recorded.
OPTIONAL: If you'd like to include a video of yourself in the recording, make sure your webcam is also on.
Turn your camera off so that only your voice is recorded.
9. In your menu bar click Record and Record to the Cloud.
10. The recording will begin.
11. Begin your audio recording and everything you say into your recording will be recorded by Zoom.
12. To stop recording, hover over the control bar and click Stop Recording.
13. When Zoom has finished processing your recording, you will get an email alert.
When your recording has been processed, you can download it to your computer and then upload it to TC Digital Media.