Updating the Identity Certificate on BYOD Devices (iOS)
- You may receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org alerting you that your network access is about to expire. This is in relation to the ClearPass identity certificate expiring on your BYOD device (personal iPhone/iPad/laptop) and requires that the certificate be updated. The original identity certificate was valid for 1 year. Once updated, the new identity certificate will be valid for 5 years.
- To confirm the certificate expiration date on your device matches the date specified in the email, navigate to Settings-→General-→Profiles-→Device Enrollment-→More Details. Under the Device Identity Certificate section, locate the certificate with your Active Directory username.
- Once you've confirmed the expiration dates match, go back to the Settings-→General-→Profiles menu. Click on Update Profile.
You'll be prompted to enter your device pass code.
- Once that's complete, navigate back to Settings-→General-→Profiles-→Device Enrollment-→More Details and confirm the expiration date for the Device Identity Certificate is now 5 years in the future.
If so, re-enrollment is complete.
- If there are any issues whatsoever with the re-enrollment process, please contact TCIT's Service Desk at email@example.com or (212) 678-3300.