TC-Secure: Transition a BYOD iPhone/iPad to TC-Owned
This document details the steps required to transition an iPhone/iPad from BYOD status to TC-Owned on the TC-Secure SSID.
1. Go to Settings-→Wi-Fi, then click the info icon to the right of TC-Secure.
2. Please Note: If the device's IP address is in the 10.56.128.1 through 10.56.191.255 range, it's been onboarded as a BYOD Device to TC-Secure.
3. Go to Settings-→General-→Profiles.
4. Click on the Device Enrollment profile.
5. Click Remove Profile.
6. Click Remove.
7. Next, click on the ClearPass Onboard Local Certificate Authority profile.
8. Click Remove Profile.
9. Click Remove.
10. At this point, the Profiles tab should not contain either of the two profiles that were just deleted (the entire tab will disappear if no other profiles are installed on the device).
11. Go to Settings-→General-→About and make a note of the device's Wi-Fi MAC Address.
12. In ClearPass, go to Configuration-→Identity-→Endpoints. Type in the device's MAC Address and click Go. Check off the correct device and click Delete.
13. Click Yes to the prompt.
14. Click Menu-→Onboard to navigate to the ClearPass Onboarding Portal.
15. Click Management and Control.
16. Click View by Username.
17. Locate the device owner's AD account and click on it.
18. Click Show Devices.
19. Click the preferred device.
20. Click Delete Device.
21. Check off the confirmation box and click Delete.
22. You should see the device grayed out with a line through it. This is confirmation that it's been removed from the Onboarding Portal.