Histograms are summary graphs for a single variable. They are very useful to understand the pattern of variability in the data
1. To create a histogram for a variable, click Graphs.
2. Then select Legacy Dialogues.
4. A dialogue box will appear.
5. For this demonstration, we want to display a histogram for the variable Age in years. Add this variable to the Variable: text box by clicking on the variable to highlight and then clicking on the right arrow next to the Variable: text box.
6. If you would like to see the normal curve on top of the histogram, check the box underneath the Variable: text box.
Optional: If you would like to add Titles to your histogram, click on the Titles button to the right of the Variable: text box. Add your title, subtitle, and footnotes. Once completed, click Continue.
7. Click OK.
8. The results will display in the Output window.
Optional: If you would like to see age by marital status for example, you would add Age to the Variable: text box and then Marital Status to either the Rows: or Columns: text box depending on how you would like the results displayed. Click OK.