Add Rev's auto captioning to a webinar before webinar begins
To be add auto captioning ahead of time for a Zoom webinar, you will need:
- Access to Rev's Zoom Webinar Live Streaming URL Creator (managed by ATS)
- Admin access to Zoom (managed by ATS)
- Email of the person/department hosting the webinar
1. Log into Zoom
2. Click Users Management and then Users.
3. Enter the email address of the person/group offering the webinar and search for the name.
4. Click on the email offering the webinar.
5. Click Webinars, Upcoming Webinars.
6. Click on the name of the webinar that needs auto captioning.
7. Scroll toward the bottom of the page and click Edit this Webinar.
8. Scroll down to Alternative Hosts, enter your firstname.lastname@example.org, and click Save.
9. When the Confirmation box appears, REMOVE the check next to Notify registrants about changes to this webinar and click Yes.
10. Copy the Webinar ID
11. On the upper left of the page, under Personal, select Meetings.
12. Click Join a Meeting in the upper right.
13. Enter the Webinar ID and click Join.
14. Click Closed Caption and click Copy API token.
NOTE: This API token is only valid for 24 hours so this cannot be done more than 24 hours before the webinar begins.