Creating a New Reference
There are three ways to add new citations to your EndNote library:
- Exporting references from an online database
- Conducting an online search via the EndNote platform
- Manually creating references
From an Online Database
To export a reference from an online database (including the Teachers College Supersearch):
Use an online database (such as the Teachers College Supersearch or an online journal such as PubMed) as you typically would.
1. Select the reference you want. Click Send To or Export, and then select Citation Manager or EndNote Desktop.
2. Export the articles you have selected, and then click Export. You can export up to 500 records each time without selection.
3. A file will download. Right-click the file and select Open.
4. The references will then populate in the EndNote library that is currently opened on your desktop.
5. To add a PDF of the article, select the reference, right-click on the references, then click the Find Full Text button.
6. If the full-text PDF can be found, it will be attached to the reference.
From the EndNote Platform
To conduct an online search via the EndNote platform: