Connect To TC-Secure: Personal, Non-TC Device (AndroidOS 7)
*NOTE: The installation requires you to set up a 4-digit PIN/passcode screenlock on your device. If you already have a PIN or passcode on your phone, then you can proceed with the instructions below. If you do not currently have a PIN or passcode on your phone, please do the following:
Please note that there are many different flavors of Android devices and yours may be similar, but not exactly the same.
- From the home screen, tap the Settings application.
- From the Personal menu in the Settings application, choose Lock screen.
- Enter a 4-digit passcode and tap Next. Your passcode has been saved and you will now need to enter it to gain access to your mobile device.
*You're now ready to set up TC-Secure with your Android device!
1. Before you begin the onboarding process, you'll need to make Google Chrome your default browser. Click on Settings→Application manager.
2. From Application manager, right-click on the menu button on the top-right of the page, then click Configure apps.
3. Click on Browser app.
4. Select Chrome.
5. You can confirm Chrome is selected on the previous menu under Browser app. If so, you can exit out of this menu.
6. Open up the Google Play Store and search ClearPass QuickConnect.
7. Click install to proceed.
8. The next screen will ask you to either Open or Uninstall the application. Instead, click the Home button to go back to your desktop.
9. Navigate to Settings--->Wi-Fi to see available wireless networks in the area. Click on TC-Secure in order to connect.
10. On the next screen, set the CA certificate option to Do not validate. Enter your Active Directory (the same username and password you use to log in to your work computer) credentials in the Identity and Password fields. Leave Anonymous Identity blank and press Connect.
11. You may get a Sign in Wi-Fi network pop-up window. If so, click Open Browser.
12. The Default Android Browser will open. Click the menu button in the top-right.
13. Press Use this network as is.
14. You'll be brought back to the Settings--->Wi-Fi screen. Please click the Home button to return to the desktop.
15. Turn off your cellular/mobile data connection temporarily in order to force the use of TC-Secure.
16. Open Google Chrome to continue the onboarding process.
17. Navigate to https://bbc.co.uk in the browser.
18. You will be automatically redirected back to the ClearPass Onboarding Portal. Click Advanced.
19. On the next screen, click Proceed To bbc.co.uk (Unsafe).
21. Click Install QuickConnect.
22. You'll be automatically redirected to the Google Play Store. Because you already installed the QuickConnect application earlier, you can simply click Open to proceed.
23. Click Continue once you've read through the QuickConnect instructions.
24. Click Allow to give ClearPass QuickConnect access to the device's location.
25. Click Allow to give ClearPass QuickConnect access to make and manage phone calls.
26. Click Allow to give ClearPass QuickConnect access to the device's location.
27. Click OK to proceed.
28. If a prompt appears prompting you to Complete action using, select Chrome (or the browser of your choice) and click Always.
29. Click Install Network Profile to continue.
30. Click Download.
31. Click Open.
32. Click on Wi-Fi Settings to proceed.
33. Right-click TC-Secure, then click Forget network.
34. Press the back button to return to the QuickConnect application.
35. The QuickConnect application will now proceed with final configuration.
36. Please Note: TC-Secure may be temporarily disconnected. If so, QuickConnect will automatically reconnect the wireless network soon after.
37. Once complete, you'll see a message stating Your device is now successfully connected to the TC-Secure network. Click OK.
38. The Google Chrome browser window will display QuickConnect will now apply... You can now close Chrome.
39. To confirm connectivity, navigate to the Settings--->Wi-Fi menu. You'll see a Connected status directly below TC-Secure.
You can now re-enable your device's cellular/mobile data connection.
Please Note: You can view/manage the personal devices you have connected to TC-Secure WiFi in the ClearPass Self-Service Portal. There is a link under the Welcome Tab--->TC Bookmarks section of myTC.
Alternatively, you can access the Self-Service Portal directly here: https://clearpass.tc.columbia.edu/onboard/mdps_portal.php.