Connecting To TC-Secure: Personal, Non-TC Device (iPhone,iPad)
1. If you've previously connected to the old TC WiFi (the WiFi that is called "TC"), click on the Settings app--->Wi-Fi tab--->then click the information button next to TC.
If you have not previously connected to the "TC" WiFi network and this is your first time connecting to WiFi at Teachers College with your device, skip to Step 4 of these instructions.
2. Click Forget This Network.
3. From the iPhone/iPad quick settings menu. Turn off your phone's cellular connection by clicking the Cellular Icon. The icon will go from green to gray when it's disabled.
4. Click on the Settings app, then click the Wi-Fi tab in order to see available wireless networks. Click on TC-Secure to join the network.
5. You'll be prompted for your login information. Please enter your Active Directory credentials (the same username and password you use to log in to your work computer) and click Join.
6. Click Trust.
7. CLICK CANCEL
8. The login window will close and return you to the available Wi-Fi networks tab. Click the info button for the TC-Secure network
9. Enable the Auto-Join button (green is enabled).
10. Click back to return to the available Wi-Fi networks tab. You may have to wait anywhere from 10-30 seconds for the login window to pop up again. Once it does, click CANCEL
11. On this attempt, you'll be prompted to either continue using the wireless network without internet, or search for a different network. Click Use Without Internet.
If you do not get the Use Without Internet prompt, repeat Steps 1-5 until you see the screen from Step 4 above. If it still doesn't appear, please contact Service Desk so they can assist you in getting connected.
12. At this point, you can re-enable your phone's cellular connection. Drag up from the bottom of the screen in order to access the iPhone/iPad quick settings menu again. Turn on your phone's cellular connection by clicking the Cellular Icon. The icon will go back to green when it's re-enabled.
13. Open the Safari app on your iPhone/iPad.
In Safari, you may see a screen pop up that says "Your device is already provisioned." Please click the reprovision your device here link.
14. In Safari, navigate to https://bbc.co.uk in order to be redirected to the ClearPass Onboarding Portal.
15. On the next screen, click Show Details.
16. Click visit this website to continue.
17. Click Visit Website when prompted.
If the browser responds with Your session has expired, you have the blocking of all cookies enabled in your browser. This will not allow your device to be onboarded, so that feature needs to be disabled temporarily for this process. If you don't see this screen, continue to Step 23.
19. To disable the blocking of all cookies, navigate to Settings--->Safari. Disable the Block All Cookies option (gray is disabled). After this is done, please repeat Step 18, then continue to Step 20.
20. Click Install Certificate.
21. Click Allow when prompted.
22. You will then be prompted to install the ClearPass Onboarding Certificate. Click Install.
23. Enter your iPhone/iPad passcode to install the certificate, then click Done.
24. On the next screen, click Install to proceed.
25. An additional install/cancel prompt will pop up from the bottom of the screen. Click Install.
26. Once the ClearPass Onboarding Certificate has been verified, click Done to continue.
27. On the next screen, click Install Profile.
28. Click Allow when prompted
29. Once the Device Enrollment Certificate has been verified, click Install.
30. Enter your iPhone/iPad passcode to install the certificate, then click Done.
31. Click Install.
32. On the next screen, click Install to proceed.
33. An additional install/cancel prompt will pop up from the bottom of the screen. Please click Install.
34. Once the certificate has been successfully installed, click Done.
35. Wait 15-20 seconds for the ClearPass configuration to be completed.
36. Once your Apple device has completed configuration, you'll see a message stating Device provisioning complete.
You now have access to the TC-Secure network with your personal Apple device
If you disabled the blocking of all cookies, you can re-enable them now. Navigate to Settings--->Safari. Enable the Block All Cookies option (green is enabled).
You can view/manage your BYOD devices in the ClearPass Self-Service Portal. There is a link under the Welcome Tab--->TC Bookmarks section of myTC.
Alternatively, you can access the Self-Service Portal directly here: https://clearpass.tc.columbia.edu/onboard/mdps_portal.php.