Password Protect a Document on a PC Using Microsoft Word
1. With the document you wish to password protect open, select File > Info.
2. Select the Protect Document option (icon with a lock).
3. Choose Encrypt with password.
4. Type the password you wish to use, then select OK. Type the password again, then select OK.
5. Save the file in the docx format. It will then be password protected.
IMPORTANT: When setting a password for a document, remember to save the password in a secure location, such as a password vault (TCIT recommends using LastPass for securely storing passwords. Contact the Service Desk to get LastPass)