This manual should be used to automatically upgrade the Teachers College GlobalProtect VPN on a Windows 10 device.
- Connect to the GlobalProtect VPN Client as usual.
2. The client will begin updating automatically after connection, with the notification GlobalProtect agent upgrade is in progress. Please wait, application will restart once the upgrade is complete.
3. Wait 2-3 minutes for the upgrade to finish. During this time, you will not have VPN access to the TC network.
The GlobalProtect Client will automatically restart once it's been upgraded. Click on the GlobalProtect icon in the Windows System Tray to open up the app.
4. Reconnect to the client, and confirm you have a successful connection.
5. A welcome page will pop up on first connect after upgrading. If you wish to disable permanently, check Do not show this again in the bottom right and close the window.